Following the announcement that Victoria is moving to COVID-Safe Summer restrictions we are looking forward to welcoming school, family, church, youth, community and other groups over summer. Please see DET website for guidelines in regards to school camps & excursions and please see VIC Government Coronavirus website for restrictions in regards to other groups.
School Camps – In line with advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, the Victorian Government has announced that all schools can undertake school camps across Victoria during Term 4. Bookings for school camps are not bound by public gathering limits. The DET website provides guidance to operators of school camps and participating school groups on health and safety measures recommended to manage risks associated with coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note that we do offer our clients SOLE USE, so there’s no sharing of facilities and no mixing of school groups.
School Excursions – Excursions can now resume for all schools and year levels. There are no restrictions on travel between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria. There is no limit on group sizes, but excursions need to comply with any specific capacity limits on venues that are being used. To support contact tracing schools must keep a record of all staff, students and volunteers who attend excursions, where the excursion is to, and the time spent at the venue.
Community groups – The Victorian Government announced that Victoria is moving to COVID-Safe Summer restrictions. Please check the VIC Government Coronavirus website for details. Here the main points:
- Businesses must have COVIDSafe plans (our COVID-safe plan is published under Resources).
- Public gatherings: Up to 100 people can gather outdoors from any number of households, infants under 12 months are not included in the cap.
- Outdoor physical recreation: Up to a maximum of 100 persons for outdoor activities with a density quotient of 1 per 2sqm.
- Ceremonies and religious gatherings: Density quotient of 1 per 2sqm applies. Venues using the density quotient of 1 per 2sqm must use electronic record keeping.
- Accommodation: Bookings restricted to the private gathering limit. The person or household booking the accommodation can have up to 30 visitors.
- Hospitality: Density quotient of 1 per 2sqm for indoor and outdoor hospitality venues. All venues are required to use electronic record keeping when applying the density quotient of 1 per 2 sqm.
- Face masks: Must be carried at all times. Mandatory when inside shopping centres, retail stores inside shopping centres, department stores, electronics stores, furniture stores, hardware stores or supermarkets, when travelling on public transport or when travelling in a commercial passenger vehicle (unless a lawful exemption applies).
Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, having a face mask with you and wearing it when required, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others.
Further details can be found under www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au. Outdoor activities are run according to the Industry Restart Guidelines for Physical Recreation Indoor and Outdoor. Industry Restart Guidelines for Accommodation do apply as well as Industry Restart Guidelines for Hospitality.
Please note that our QR code is displayed in prominent locations, so you can register on arrival.